What better way to jazz up your book club, office party or girls night than with a customized wine tasting. We’ll set up a tasting at your office, home or venue, great for team building, education and of course, plain old fun. Everything is included, making this the ideal holiday gathering or happy hour event. Full details on what we can offer below.
*You can also have your own sommelier shop for you or with you. Stock up your wine cellar, prepare for the next party or customize your next meal with a perfect wine pairing. Just have a budget in mind and I can customize anything from affordable, yet impressive, every day wines to high end, highly allocated bottles that will please any palate.
Who is Hayley Hamilton Cogill?
Hayley is a Certifed Sommelier, a Certified Specialist of Wine, and the Founder of Dallas Uncorked, a 16 year old not for profit 501c3 educational organization dedicated to teaching members about wine in an entertaining atmosphere, donating event proceeds to various local and international charities ~ A member of the Les Dames d’Escoffier International Association, Society of Wine Educators, and International Food, Wine and Travel Writers Association ~ Wine and Spirits columnist, working for ten years for D Magazine/ SideDish, and Wine and Spirits Contributor to KXAS-TV/NBC Dallas/Fort Worth ~ Currently studying to become a Spanish Wine Scholar.
Wine Tasting Events
Seated – Guests are seated at a table/tables. This is a classic style that allows for an emphasis on wine education. Perfect for smaller groups with more of a paced tasting, creating group interaction, and the ability to have a Q&A and discussion with the whole group. Perfect for a small group of up to 20-25 guests.
Cocktail Party – A festive style that maximizes interaction between guests. This set-up allows guests to try the wines at their own pace, with me pouring each wine at the guests individual pace, allowing for as much or as little interaction with each guest as they would like. Ideal for larger groups with a more social feel.
- Once your guests arrive, we welcome them with a glass of sparkling wine.
- Welcome to guests and introductions
- Background discussion and intro of the first wine and its history/back story
- Leading into a brief Wine 101 on how to taste – see, smell, swirl, taste
- Follow with the additional 3 wines, including relevant information on the specific wines, overall information on the region, varieties, soils, process (*as informal or as technical as you prefer)
- We can also discuss relevant wine topics:
- How to Master a Restaurant Wine List
- How to Get the Most Bang for your Wine Buck
- Pairing Wine with Food
- Tips for opening bottles, pouring, cellaring and basic wine storage
- Guests mingle and network, and taste wines at their own pace with more of a lengthy introduction at the top of the event introducing the first 2 wines and an additional overview of the next two wines an hour into the event.
- I would then walk the room in an up close, one-on-one setting answering specific wine questions, giving more in-depth information to those in the group who may be interested, but leaving the rest of your guests time to relax, enjoy the afternoon and network with their colleagues.
WHAT I PROVIDE:
- Interactive discussion and basic instruction on each wine ~ region, variety, characteristics, history, etc.
- Tasting notes on each wine, with a place guests can make their own notes
- 4 or 5 wines, which ever you prefer for your budget
- Staff to assist with opening bottles/pouring/etc.
- Light appetizers to pair the wines, with plates & napkins